Followers

:)

:)
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Importance of Words

This song couldn't capture our story better.

So I guess this is where real life begins. I love feeling home again where I can go to the kitchen and grab a snack and not have to worry about the cafeteria being open because there is a fridge full of food in the room across the hall.But things aren't quite back to normal yet, Josh and I are still seperated by three states and one border but each night we are able to Skype which is much more enjoyable then reading emails each morning knowing that he won't get them until later that night and by then I have already fallen asleep.

I feel as if for those few hours that I get to talk to him and see his face each night that I am able to feel just a little closer to him. We get to see each other smile for the first time in almost a month, laugh together and I get to see the funny faces that he makes as he eats gummy snacks his mom brough back from a baby shower. For now though that is as good as it gets.

It's strange how much music can tell a story. I've never been bad with words, I'm and English major, but when it comes to expressing my feelings music has always been something that explains it better than I ever could. I don't usually express my emotions to others. The melody sets the mood, the lyrics tell a story and many times it's your own story. The sleepless nights, praying that we are together, wishing for something that you just can't have at that time. Distance really is one of the hardest things to ever come in between a relationship. When all you want are those few moments together, but that person is no longer a phone call away and can't just hope in the car.

This is the where the importance of words comes into play. When you aren't there to hold the person you love all that you can do is tell them that everything will be fine and that you love them. Our entire relationship is written down. Both of us have letters upon letters of starting at the beginning. I can't begin to explain how thankful we have both been to have these memories written down to look back on. Our feelings for each other haven't changed since day one our like started to grow from something small to something much bigger than both of us could have imagined. A little token to remind us of where we started.

Three words, I love you. These words written on a tiny sheet of green cardstock two years ago started a winding road leading us to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment