Followers

:)

:)
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

22 Days of Thankfulness (30 was too long)


Day 1: (late, oops...) I'm thankful for my husband. We have made it through one whole year and I can't wait to see what else is in store for us. Ups, downs, and in-betweens we are so much stronger today than we were yesterday, and we will c
continue to grow together each and every day. I am so grateful to have someone to have someone to talk to, laugh with, and make memories. Thank you for always being there to listen when I need an ear, be there when I need a shoulder to cry on, and for always having a hand to hold. I love you more than you know.

Day 2: (On time) I'm thankful for my dad who taught me to be honest and to believe in something. We've been apart for 8 years and not a day goes by where I don't think of you. I know your spirit lives on in me and as much as I look like my mom I am reminded everyday just how much like you I really am. I have your honesty, your will power, your temper, and you perseverance. Thank you for teaching me so much in such a short time. I am still learning, but you will always be such a big influence. I love you!

Day 3: (early) I'm thankful for my sister for being someone I could always look up to. We are 7 1/2 years apart and when we were younger that was difficult, but I couldn't feel closer to you now. You are truly my best friend and I look up to you in so many ways. You are a great mother and you have 2 beautiful children. You are the strongest and most caring person I know. I love your attitude about life and your silly personality. Thanks for not being a pirate. Ninja's for life!

Day 4: (late... again) I am thankful for my best friend Madison Smith, who has taught me so much over the last 3 years. Who would have thought that we would have come this far. Thanks for being the girl with cute jeans in Intro to Theory. I am so grateful that I found that add on T-bay 2 years ago, and even though we aren't roomies anymore I couldn't imagine not having you in my life. You are so kind and generous and you bring so much joy into my life. Don't ever change!

Day 5: (On time) I am thankful for my best friend, and sister, Haley Bowen. You have been my sanity. Thank you for always listening to me rant and rave. I know at times your probably wanted to kill me, but you were always there no matter what. You didn't judge you didn't complain and you didn't give advice. I love you with my whole heart. I know we aren't just a phone call and a diet coke away, but in less than 2 months we will be reunited. It is so great to know no matter how many hours or countries away you are you are always there and nothing changes. I love you AOE!

Day 6: (On time) I am thankful for these two little ones who keep me going every day. I know that I don't see them near enough, but I think about them every day. I am so thankful how innocent they are and I hope they never grow up. It seems like they get so much bigger every time I see them. Liam has so much personality for a five year old and Audrey is so precious even though she is a diva. I couldn't imagine my life without them and I can't wait to have more little ones in my life someday.

Day 7: (On time) Today, I am thankful to live in a free country. I don't care that my candidate lost, or that everyone is putting up over dramatic posts by people on Facebook. I'm happy that I live in a country where we aren't told who our monarch, prime minister, president or dictator is going to be. No matter who would have won yesterday people would have been upset so I chose to get over it. I'm
glad that I have been taught that America is for the people and that we live in one of the best countries in the world. I'm grateful that I don't have to cover my entire body because I'm a woman. I'm happy that I can keep and bear arms if I want to. I'm happy my husband can live here even though he is not from America. #AMERRRICA! Remember not everyone in the world gets a voice.

Day 8: I am thankful for my education. I'm thankful for the wonderful teachers who supported me every step of the way and the teachers who have corrected my grammar and punctuation. The teachers who made me work harder because they knew I was capable. I'm even thankful for the ones who made me read bad books and who would make my papers a mess of typing and red pen. Because of you I am a better writer and a better person. Thank you for taking time with me and teaching me the fundamentals. Your efforts didn't go unnoticed :)

Day 9: I am thankful for my health. I see people everyday who struggle with issues everyday and I am so happy that the few times I have been sick that I have always gotten over it in a timely manner and that nothing has ever been a serious issue. I know I may not be able to say this forever, but today I am healthy and strong. I have the ability to walk, run, swim and breath, and for that I am grateful

Day 10: (early) I'm thankful for another one of my best friends Lauren. I've know her since I moved to Cedar and let me tell you we have been through a lot together. I love her more than anything in this world. I hate that she is so far away. She has been there for me through so many tough times and I wouldn't have made it through them without her. She makes me laugh until I cry and I miss her every day. We don't talk every day, but I'm so thankful that I get to see her in 9 days. Be nice to her Mississippi! The memories I have with her are unforgettable and I can't wait to make more with her. Love you Lo!

Day 11: (Late, again..) I am thankful to have a job. Not only do I have a job I enjoy, but I have the best co-workers ever. They are so much fun and I can't help but laugh when I'm around them. They are all so beautiful and skinny that it is unbelievable. Thanks for being good people and great friends.

Day 12: I am thankful for my second mom's, Miquelle Scheidle Smith and Jenny Jones you two ladies are exceptional. In the last 8 years I have not really had much of a maternal figure in my life. You have both taken me and made me feel so loved. You are truly what a mother should be to a daughter. Thank you for loving me like I was you own. Thank you for your advice. Thank you for your strong personalities, and thank you for worrying about me. You guys are such great people and I love you both more than you know.

Day 13: I'm thankful for the little things in life. The things that don't really mean much, but are so comforting. A fresh haircut, a baby sonogram for a good friend, a good book you fall asleep reading. sleeping in for an extra five minutes, and a lot of other thing. Don't let them slip by.
Day 14: Today I am thankful for helpful people. The kinda who are always looking out for you no matter what. Thank you for opening my door, or going above and beyond to get me an interview, or helping me find housing. This month has been so stressful and if it weren't for you guys taking the reigns a little bit I would be lost.

Day 15: I'm thankful for distance. I don't get a lot of time to myself because I have a lot on my plate. It seems like I'm always running around. Life is stressful and I'm grateful for those moments of silence where you can sit with a good book, or on a long drive. No music, nothing. Time where you can think and actually hear your own thoughts. No one is around to interrupt you and nothing gets in the way. Silence is sanity.

Day 16: (Late) I'm thankful for good opportunities. I had two wonderful interviews in SLC this weekend and I can't wait to hear back from them. I was really nervous, but am so happy with the way they both went. Change is a good thing.

Day 17: (late) I'm so grateful for good movies they are a little time to be apart of a different world without all the hassles and without all the stress. I'm glad that someone has more creativity than I do.
Day 18: I'm thankful for reunions. I love the way that it feels to see someone you haven't seen in a long time. I love how it's like things never changed. Time and distance separate so many people and I'm glad that we can all pick up where we left off.

Day 19: (Late) This week has been so busy, so I'm playing catch up. I'm thankful for the many blessings I have in my life. I have come a long way in the last four years, and I have had a lot of ups and downs. This weekend I realized life is so much harder for other people. I got to serve 70+ needy families, and although I may not have done much I and grateful that I was able to do something.

Day 20: (late) I'm thankful for laughter. For those moments when something is so funny that you can't help smiling. I'm thankful be have so many happy time with family and friends that make up for all the bad.

Day 21: I'm thankful for creativity. I look around every day and see so much beauty in the world. There are so many forms of talent, and they take so many shapes. I personally don't have many talents, but I'm grateful for the people who share theirs with the world. I don't know where I would be without music or books.

Day 22: (late) Who gets on Facebook on Thanksgiving anyway? Not this girl. I'm thankful for the time I got to spend with Josh yesterday. Our families are so far away that it's impossible to get to see everyone over such a short vacation. This was our first Thanksgiving with just the two of us. He was such a big help in the kitchen. It's really hard to cook for 2 people, Josh eats for 3 though. At the end of the day I'm glad we have food to prepare and a warm meal to eat. We are so blessed to not have to worry about where our next meal is coming from or how we are going to pay for it. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment